MONTICELLO, NY — Empire Resorts has received a gaming license to build the new Montreign Casino in the Catskills on March 1.
The gaming facility license was awarded by the New York State Gaming Commission (“NYSGC”) to Montreign Operating Company, LLC (“Montreign”). Montreign has to pay 10% of the minimum capital investment required for the project to obtain the license. The gaming facility license is subject to various conditions including the payment of the license fee of $51 million on or before March 31, 2016.
Beautifully situated in the pristine Catskills, Montreign Resort Casino is poised to become what will be one of the most comprehensive destination gaming resorts in the northeastern United States. Montreign Resort Casino, which is part of the initial phase of Adelaar, is designed to meet 5-star and 5-diamond standards and is anticipated to feature:
- A 90,000 square foot casino floor featuring 2,150 slot machines, 102 table games and a 14 – 16 table poker room (inclusive of the poker room and VIP and high-limit areas);
- Designated VIP/high-limit areas within such gaming floor which will offer a minimum of 26 slot machines, 8 table games, and a player’s lounge with food and beverage;
- An 18 story hotel tower containing 332 luxury rooms (including at least eight 1,000 – 1,200 square foot garden suites, seven 1,800 square foot, two story townhouse villas, and 12 penthouse-level suites), indoor pools and fitness center;
- A VIP floor containing 6 private VIP gaming salons, a private gaming cage, and butler service;
- 27,000 square feet of multi-purpose meeting and entertainment space with seating capacity for 1,300 people and a mezzanine level that includes the 14 -16 table poker room, access to outdoor terraces and approximately 7,000 square feet of meeting room space;
- A 7,500 square foot spa; and
- Seven restaurants and four bars.
In addition to Montreign Resort Casino, Adelaar is expected to include an array of other non-gaming, leisure and recreational options, such as:
- An Indoor Waterpark Lodge including a hotel, indoor and outdoor water parks, and other amenities;
- An “Entertainment Village” with dining facilities, entertainment and retail shops; and
- The “US Open Doctor” Rees Jones renovated 18-hole Monster golf course.
The company recently installed a time-lapse camera to broadcast and document the transition from construction site to casino. The feature-rich interface, accessible from any device with an internet browser, provides high-resolution images, complete with jobsite weather data, which will document virtually every moment of Montreign construction. Users can zoom in on images from any date and time to see details of construction. Construction progress can be viewed clicking on the “Construction Cam/View our Progress” at these links: https://www.montreign.com and https://www.empireresorts.com.
Montreign is one of three casinos originally approved by the NY State Gaming Commission in 2014. The other locations are Rivers Casino in Schenectady and Lago Casino located west of Syracuse. None are expected to open until 2017 or 2018.