NEW YORK — Saks Fifth Avenue will host its first-ever Emerging Designer Showcase at the Saks Fifth Avenue New York store on Tuesday, April, 5.
In an effort to discover the best designer talent at the forefront of advanced fashion, Saks Fifth Avenue’s merchant team will host a forum to review emerging designer collections firsthand. Designers are invited to submit their digital look books that will be reviewed in a collaborative effort by Saks Fifth Avenue’s fashion and buying office. After review, select designers will be invited to the forum at Saks Fifth Avenue New York where they will present buyers with a formal showcase of their collection.
“We work tirelessly to scout collections, searching for the best emerging talent in the fashion industry,” said Saks Fifth Avenue Chief Merchant, Tracy Margolies. “I’m passionate about launching this platform and excited to extend this opportunity to all of the unbelievably talented designers on the market.”
Saks Fifth Avenue is dedicated to discovering what’s new in designer talent. Designers that attend the Emerging Designer Showcase will have the opportunity to gain valuable insight from a business and retail perspective.
Designers that will be considered for an appointment with Saks Fifth Avenue’s merchant team must meet the below criteria:
- Designers must be Women’s Ready-to-Wear focused
- Designers must bring a minimum of 8 and a maximum of 12 product samples for review
- Designers can bring current and past digital look books for review in addition to their samples
- Designers must have line sheets with wholesale and retail pricing
- Designers must be able to fulfill orders and have production and shipping capabilities in place
Designers can submit their digital look books for review to FashionOffice@saks.com.