NEW YORK — The International Restaurant & Foodservice Show opens tomorrow on Sunday, March 6th and will offer 480+ exhibiting companies on an expansive show floor showcasing the newest products and services for the industry. Special feature areas include The Pub, The Japan Pavilion, The Food Trends Experience, Taste NY Food & Craft Beverage Showcase, The Beer and Burger Lounge — sponsored by Budweiser and One World Beef, the US Pastry Competition — and much more. The event takes place from March 6-8, 2016 at the Jacob Javits Center Convention Center in New York.
“The show floor will be buzzing with new feature areas including the Beer and Burger Lounge and The Pub,” said Ron Mathews, Vice President, Restaurant and Foodservice Events Portfolio. “We know our attendees enjoy learning about new products they can bring back to their restaurants and foodservice establishments and what better way to learn than in an interactive and entertaining way. These special events and feature areas will provide that excitement.” Following is an overview of each of the feature areas.
- Food Trends Experience is a tasting adventure providing direct access to products, flavors, and ingredients driving the most exciting, emerging trends in the market. This is the fastest and most convenient way to see, taste, discover, and learn about new culinary innovations.
- Taste NY Food & Craft Beverage Showcase will bring attendees face-to-face with family farmers and purveyors who have made New York State one of America’s leading suppliers of food and agricultural products. Food manufacturers will showcase locally grown produce, syrups and sauces, cheese, honey, meats, pasta, wine and baked goods.
- The New Beer & Burger Lounge, sponsored by Budweiser and One World Beef, will offer the best burger and beer combination. Attendees can try out the East “meats” West burger bar, uniquely paired with brews from Anheuser Busch.
- The Expanded Pub will feature the newest alcoholic beverages from Balearic Beverage USA, Blue Point Brewing Company, Joe IPA, Stella Artois, Spiked Seltzer, Owl’s Brew, Leffe, Senor Sangria, Bruce Julian Bloody Mary, Hoegaarden, Nagel, Bush & Wein, LLC, Pray for Snow, Singha Beer, Sixpoint Brewery and more.
- U.S. Pastry Competition – Rising stars of the pastry world will compete for the coveted title of Pastry Chef of the Year at Paris Gourmet’s U.S. Pastry Competition on Sunday, March 6. The theme for the 2016 competition is Magic & Illusions and new for this year with be The Junior Competition.
- Japan Pavilion – For the 10th consecutive year Azix, Inc. will organize the Japan Pavilion and will introduce a new Shochu area, as well as 3 days of seminars, hosted by Japan Sake and Shochu Makers Association.
- Culinary Demonstration Theater – Featured presentations include: The Inaugural Torch Award presentation to Drew Nieporent, NEW Rapid Fire Challenge: Appetizer face-off, and the Beacon Award presentation to Celebrity Chef Sara Moulton.
- Discussion on the Future of Tipping – Listen to a panel of experts including Marc Murphy, Chef & Owner Benchmarc Restaurants, Amanda Cohen of Dirt Candy, Felice Ekelman of Jackson Lewis, and Melissa Fleischut of the NYS Restaurant Association for a discussion on where the industry is heading on tipping and what options operators have in the current regulatory environment.
The 23rd Annual International Restaurant & Foodservice Show of New York is sponsored by the New York State Restaurant Association (NYSRA) and produced by Urban Expositions. To learn more, visit http://www.internationalrestaurantny.com.