Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., reported August 2016 sales of 213,125 units, a decrease of 5 percent from August 2015 on a volume basis. With the same amount of selling days in August 2016 compared to August 2015, sales were down 5 percent on a daily selling rate (DSR) basis.
Toyota division posted August sales of 182,187 units, down 4.6 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Coming off the strongest SAAR (Seasonally Adjusted Annual Rate) of the year at 17.9 million units in July, the industry took a bit of a step back in August,” said Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager, Toyota division. “RAV4, 4Runner and Highlander all recorded strong year-over-year growth for the month, keeping Toyota Division light truck sales on track for another record year.”
Lexus posted August sales of 30,938 units, down 7.6 percent on a volume basis and DSR basis.
“Lexus luxury utility vehicle sales reached new heights in August, with a record NX sales month helping lead our brand to its best-ever year-to-date sales performance for our LUV lineup,” said Jeff Bracken, Lexus division group vice president and general manager. “With improving supply on our LUV’s for the remainder of the year, we are looking for a strong close to 2016.”
August 2016 Highlights
- Corolla posts sales of 30,741 units
- Camry posts August sales of 32,864 units
- Toyota Division light trucks up 1.6 percent; posts year-to-date sales record
- RAV4 sales rose 8.6 percent
- Highlander posts sales of 14,966 units, up 12.2 percent
- 4Runner up more than 15 percent
- Land Cruiser up almost 65 percent in August
- TCUV posts best-ever sales for the second consecutive month
- Lexus LUVs post best-ever August and year-to-date sales
- NX up 21.6 percent in August with sales of 5,407 units; best month ever
- GX up more than 12 percent for the month
- LX up 95.6 percent in August
- Lexus L/Certified posts best-ever August