“We look forward to re-engaging with our Soho neighbors and customers through the re-launch of our Soho Global Flagship Store,” said Hiroshi Taki, UNIQLO U.S.A CEO. “The new store will highlight the ‘everyday miracles’ that UNIQLO aims to continue to provide our customers – products and innovations to improve people’s lives.”
The three-story store has 28,000 square feet of sales floor space, and features 12 new shop-in-shop sections, each telling its own story about UNIQLO LifeWear.Highlights of the new shop-in-shop concept include:
- Ready-to-Wear: Knits, featuring merino wool, with jackets and bottoms for everyday style.
- Get Moving: Performance technology like Blocktech coats and Dry Sweat active wear, made to wick away moisture. Bicycles by tokyobike will also be on display for an active atmosphere.
- Design Studio: Women’s flannel shirts, merino sweaters, and wool outerwear will be displayed alongside measuring tapes and a vintage sewing machine to highlight the UNIQLO design process and its commitment to great fabrics and patterns.
- Supima Perfection: The world’s finest cotton T-shirts in a variety of styles set alongside traditional Japanese tea ceremony tools to invoke the ethos of ‘simple made better.’
- Living Well: Innerwear items and fluffy fleece displayed with candles to create a relaxed environment while shoppers browse for comfort wear.
- Tokyo Newstand presents the latest of Japanese fashion, lifestyle and design with over 60 magazine titles piled high in a variety of genres for every audience. The iconic men’s fashion magazine, Popeye, is one of the feature publications.
Sales Promotions Sept. 2-5:
To celebrate its 10 years in the U.S., UNIQLO Soho is offering $10 off core favorites on the first weekend of trading, including Ultra Light Down Jackets, Extra Fine Merino sweaters, flannel shirts and jogger pants.
Giveaways Sept. 2-5:
The first 1,000 customers in the store on each day of the long weekend will receive a mystery gift card ranging from $5 to $100.
The first 25,000 customers will all receive a limited edition UNIQLO x Pintrill pin upon purchase, designed specifically to commemorate the re-launch of the store.
Promotions from Participating Local Restaurants Sept. 2-18:
Participating local restaurants and bars in the neighborhood will offer UNIQLO beverage coasters free-of-charge, and customers will receive $10 off any purchase of $50 or more at the UNIQLO Soho store when redeeming their coaster.
In-store Vending Machine Sept. 1-5
Customers can post to Twitter about ‘A New Tokyo in Soho’ to activate the “vend” feature at this special Japanese-style vending machine. Prizes range from candy wrapped like sushi, gift cards for local Japanese restaurants, Matcha latte art by Mr. Hiroshi Sawada, and a grand prize bicycle, provided by tokyobike – a small, independent bicycle company founded in Tokyo, with a shop located steps from the UNIQLO store in Soho.
During opening weekend, and every weekend in September, customers can enjoy complimentary iced matcha green tea lattes and other signature matcha drinks, courtesy of MatchaBar. MatchaBar is a family-owned business founded in Brooklyn, serving ceremonial grade matcha sourced directly from an independent family farm in Nishio, Japan. The pop-up stand will be located on the ground floor in front of the mezzanine.
In-store Events & Local Partnerships
In honor of Soho’s rich artistic history, UNIQLO will engage with its neighborhood through regular events around cultural moments, with the store’s mezzanine level working as an exhibition space, reminiscent of a Soho artist’s loft. The space will feature products like SPRZ NY (Surprise New York), a collaboration between UNIQLO and MoMA that gives access to iconic artists such as Andy Warhol, Ketih Haring and Jean-Michel Basquiat.
UNIQLO Soho will also engage with neighborhood shops, restaurants and businesses, partnering on events and promotions, as well as local nonprofit organizations such as Free Arts NYC and municipal agencies, including the NYC Department of Homeless Services.