The TAO Group has opened a second outpost of its popular Avra Estiatorio Greek restaurant. This one is called Avra Madison and is located at 14 E. 60th St., a few steps from Central Park and features a bi-level eatery with 207 seats.
Avra Madison offers traditional Greek cuisine with an emphasis on seafood.
The restaurant is open daily from 5 p.m. to midnight Wednesday thru Saturday and closing at 11 p.m. on other nights.
Menu items featuring seafood include:
- Chilean Sea Bass Souvlaki appetizer – $22.95
- Grilled Octopus appetizer – $26.95
- Crab Cake appetizer – $23.95
- East or West Coast oysters – $17.95 half dozen, $33.95 dozen
- Grilled Jumbo Shrimp entree – $36.95
- Yellowfin Tuna entree – $37.95
- Grilled Faroe Islands Salmon – $33.95
- Fish of the Day – $37.95
The original Avra Estiatorio is located at 141 East 48th Street.