MetLife officially celebrated the grand opening of its new global Investments headquarters, located in Whippany, N.J.
MetLife Investments has over $510 billion in assets under management and over 800 professionals around the globe.
“We are proud to have a new corporate home that offers endless possibilities for MetLife Investments – a business that has grown significantly in size, scope and scale and continues to grow,” said Steven J. Goulart, executive vice president and chief investment officer. “This move strengthens our commitment to delivering value to our customers, clients and partners.”
Key highlights of the new state-of-the-art facility include:
- More than 90 conference rooms, including open meeting spaces on each floor, dedicated rooms for focused work sessions, and a conference center with technologically advanced capabilities.
- Open-seating floors to foster employee interaction and spaces designed to accommodate a variety of work styles.
- “MetLife Clubs” on each floor, which expand the idea of a workplace pantry by incorporating a variety of collaboration areas for individual and group use.
- Enhanced dining options, including an on-site cafeteria and coffee bar.
- Healthy-living amenities, including a planned walking trail, fitness center, sit-stand desks, and treadmill desk stations.
MetLife is targeting the Platinum Level of certification in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) in Commercial Interiors. Building materials and furniture were selected to have a low impact on the environment by using regional materials, materials with recycled content, and certified wood.
MetLife is one of the largest life insurance companies in the world. Founded in 1868, MetLife is a global provider of life insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management. Serving approximately 100 million customers, MetLife has operations in nearly 50 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.