NEW YORK — Martha Stewart and editors of her magazine have announced the honorees for the the fifth annual Martha Stewart American Made program.
The nationally recognized platform highlights the next generation of American artisans; celebrating those who have turned their passions for hand-crafted, well-made goods into small businesses. The winners will be recognized in a two-day event later this month.
After an extensive search of creative entrepreneurs, small business owners and makers from across the country, Martha Stewart and the editors of Martha Stewart Living have carefully chosen the 10 honorees who best reflect the principles of the American Made Program. These businesses were hand-selected across the fields of Food, Style, Design, and Technology, for their inspiring efforts to change their local communities and influence the way America does business.
The 2016 American Made Honorees, past winners, and VIP guests will join Martha and the editors at an exclusive reception on Friday, October 21 at Manhattan’s One World Observatory.
2016 Honorees Include:
- 21c Museum Hotels – Louisville, KY
- Eagle Street Rooftop Farm – Brooklyn, NY
- Girls Who Code – New York City
- Harry’s Berries – Oxnard, CA
- Loki Fish Company – Seattle, WA
- M&S Schmalberg – New York City
- NYCitySlab – Yonkers, NY
- Stony Creek Colors – Nashville, TN
- Sweetgreen – Washington, DC
- Uplands Cheese – Dodgeville, WI
“I’m incredibly excited about this year’s passionate group of honorees,” says Elizabeth Graves, Editor in Chief of Martha Stewart Living. “Each company is inspiring in a unique way and the founders are poised to make a real impact on their industry and community. They are all on the cusp of something big, and we’re thrilled to support and help propel them forward.”
Since the inception of the Martha Stewart American Made Program five years ago, the maker movement has grown extensively, and continues to alter the U.S. consumer culture. As noted by the White House inaugural Maker Faire in 2014, ‘Today’s D.I.Y is tomorrow’s “Made in America'”; the movement is continuing to expand, fostering networks of start-ups and small businesses across the nation.
To continue the celebration, the 2016 Martha Stewart American Made Summit will be held on Saturday, October 22. The full-day event will include educational, inspirational panels and talks for creative entrepreneurs held at Martha Stewart headquarters. Innovators, celebrity entrepreneurs, and successful business owners confirmed to participate in this year’s American Made Summit include:
- Jessica Alba, Founder and Chief Creative Officer of The Honest Company and Honest Beauty
- Jim Cramer, Host of CNBC’s “Mad Money w/ Jim Cramer” & Co-Anchor of CNBC’s “Squawk on the Street”
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, Co-Founder, Foodstirs
- Zac Posen, Fashion Designer
- Geoffrey Zakarian, Chef, Restaurateur and TV Personality
- Linda Boff, Chief Marketing Officer, General Electric
- Emeril Lagasse, Chef, Restaurateur, and Television Personality
- Fabian Siegel, Founder and CEO, Marley Spoon
- Joseph Abboud, Chief Creative Director of Tailored Brands Inc.
- Barry Sternlicht, Chairman & CEO of Starwood Capital Group
- Megan Smith, United States Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
Martha Stewart will lead this exciting roster of speakers to teach and inspire guests over the course of the day, which include networking and roundtable discussions, targeted learning sessions, and an American food tasting cocktail party. Attendees also have the opportunity to network with other makers from across the country who are reinvigorating their cities, towns, and the American economy.