“We’re extending our entertainment portfolio for those who value premium content but also want more TV freedom suited for their lifestyle, whether watching at home or on their mobile devices. This is TV your way,” said John Stankey, CEO, AT&T Entertainment Group.
What hasn’t been released until tomorrow is what channels are available on the DIRECTVNOW service. CBS and Showtime reportedly have not cut a deal with the company yet.
AT&T has released prices for DIRECTV NOW programming packages:
- Live a Little – $35 / month (60+ channels)
- Just Right – $50 / month (80+ channels)
- Go Big – $60 / month (100+ channels)
- Gotta Have it – $70 / month (120+ channels)
Fans of HBO and Cinemax can add these channels for just $5 each per month in addition to your base programming package.
DIRECTV NOW will be available at launch through the following devices:
- Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- Android mobile devices and tablets
- iPhone, iPad and Apple TV
- Chromecast (Android at launch; iOS in 2017)
- Google Cast-enabled LeEco ecotvs and VIZIO SmartCast Displays
- Internet Explorer, Chrome and Safari web browsers