NEW YORK — Peloton plans to release this spring its first-ever bike for use in public areas. The commercial-grade bike addresses a growing desire to bring Peloton to more people in more places. Touted as the tech company revolutionizing the fitness industry, Peloton introduces the commercial-grade bike, its second product offering, as the next step in transforming the way people work out. The new bike gives consumers access to the same great Peloton experience now in hotels and resorts, residential fitness centers, country clubs, hospitals and universities across the country.
For the first time, Peloton puts fitness at the fingertips of a much larger audience with the launch of its new business, making it easier than ever before to get the best workout no matter where you are. The new bike will first be offered exclusively to commercial partners and will become available nationwide in Spring 2017.
Since its inception, Peloton has promised to deliver the best workout to people on their own time, in their own space. Over the last two years, members of the Peloton community have voiced their desire for uninterrupted access to Peloton, starting within their home and beyond. With strong consumer demand, Peloton set out to bring this one-of-a-kind experience to more people, in more places, and commercial outlets are in turn seeing the value of the Peloton bike. Urban Outfitters Offices, the Newport Beach Country Club and the Westin Chicago River North were among the early adopters who purchased Peloton bikes for their indoor cycling employees and guests, and are among a much larger group who independently placed Peloton bikes in their multi-use spaces.
Seeing the demand for bikes in commercial environments, Peloton created an entirely new bike and software platform uniquely designed for multi-user spaces.
“The launch of this new category for Peloton is truly a reaction to the demand of our dedicated rider community,” said John Foley, co-founder and CEO of Peloton. “Our community of riders love the experience so much that they want to engage with our products and our content wherever they go. Whether that’s traveling to a hotel, going to their fitness club, or at their office gym, our riders want to continue enjoying the Peloton experience wherever they are. Launching this new commercial-grade bike with specialized hardware and software made perfect sense as the next step in the Peloton journey.”
The commercial-grade bike’s features work together to create an optimal multi-user experience:
- Enhanced software that accommodates multiple riders and allows for easy account creation for new users
- Premium construction that is designed for the rigors of a professional studio & can endure years of heavy riding maintenance-free
- Quick, easy adjustability allowing you to switch between multiple users
- Larger range of user sizes with soft-grip, pull pin height adjustment controls and hybrid/dual-sided pedals
- Laser cut steel frame that has been re-engineered for maximum comfort and stability, and the new Peloton Drive™ which allows for the most efficient power transfer and most accurate power measurement
- Commercial-grade warranty for years of maintenance support
The new bike combines new commercial-grade hardware and software with the best-in-class elements of the original Peloton bike:
- Live and on-demand classes that allow you to receive instructor feedback and choose the workout that you want, when you want, with 12 daily live rides and 4000+ on-demand rides
- Motivating real-time leaderboard that lets you compete against riders across the country and hold yourself and each other accountable.
- 22-inch high-definition, sweat-proof touchscreen that fully immerses you in every class, bringing the power of studio fitness to your home.
- In-depth performance metrics including heart rate, Output (KJ), Cadence (RPM) & Resistance that allow you to push yourself in every ride.