NEW YORK — Madame Tussauds wax museums across the United States are marking President Obama’s final weeks in office as locations prepare to unveil their newest figures of Donald Trump later this month.
To honor eight years in the Oval office, attractions in New York, Hollywood, Orlando, Washington, DC and San Francisco temporarily re-styled their Obama figures to fit his impending civilian lifestyle. (Photo above is a sample of President Obama in Times Square: Getty Images). As part of a unique photo series, these newly casual figures participated in leisure activities that reflect each attraction’s local flare:
- Madame Tussauds New York – Braving the cold in his famous off-duty jeans, President Obama can be seen taking in the sights in New York City’s legendary Times Square, waiting in line for the hottest ticket in town: Hamilton: An American Musical.
- Madame Tussauds Washington, DC – Avid golfer, President Obama is ready to work on his short game on a local green. Khakis, golf spikes and a new set of clubs are par for the course.
- Madame Tussauds Orlando – Ready to take in impressive vistas of the Sunshine State from 400 feet high, Obama visited the largest observation wheel on the East Coast, the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye.
- Madame Tussauds Hollywood – Hang ten! Obama channels his inner surfer dude donning a wetsuit on the Golden Coast. With a waxed up board and some sunscreen, he’s ready to hit the waves at Venice Beach.
- Madame Tussauds San Francisco – In San Francisco, Obama took to two wheels to enjoy the best views of the Bay and iconic Golden Gate Bridge.
Madame Tussauds locations in Washington, DC, New York and Orlando will be displaying their newest figures of Donald Trump from Inauguration Day, January 20.