Delta Air Lines, New York City’s leading carrier with 500 daily flights, is launching new nonstop service from JFK to Orange County, CA starting on Oct. 15.
This new flight, the only nonstop from New York to John Wayne Airport, provides another link between Southern California and the Big Apple and follows on Delta’s increased West Coast service from JFK this summer with new San Jose and increased San Diego and Seattle frequencies.
“Our customers have told us more flights to the West Coast are valuable to them and we’re very excited to add this nonstop service to John Wayne Airport in Orange County, complementing up to 10 daily nonstop flights from JFK to Los Angeles,” said Chuck Imhof, Delta’s Vice President – New York & Eastern Division Sales. “This is another great addition on top of more flights coming for our New York customers this fall.”
This new service will operate six times weekly (every day except Saturday) along the following schedule and will be flown on Boeing 737-700 aircraft with seating for 12 in First Class, 18 in Delta Comfort+ and 94 in the main cabin.
This new service will operate six times weekly (every day except Saturday) on the Boeing 737-700 aircraft.
|John F. Kennedy International – John Wayne Airport|
|JFK at 8:30 a.m.||SNA at 11:45 a.m.||Sun. – Fri.|
|John Wayne Airport – John F. Kennedy International|
|SNA at 12:30 p.m.||JFK at 9:00 p.m.||Sun. – Fri.|
Customers on board can enjoy complimentary Delta Studio featuring more than 1,000 hours of on-demand in-flight entertainment on individual seatback screens or streamed directly to a laptop, tablet or mobile. There is also free live satellite TV as well as free mobile messaging via iMessage, WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger, plus optional access to Wi-Fi throughout the aircraft.
With over 500 daily departures this summer from New York City’s two leading airports, Delta offers customers comprehensive service to the leading business and leisure destinations. Other highlights of expanded Delta service at JFK include:
- New daily service to San Jose, Calif. beginning June 8
- More daily frequencies beginning this summer and fall to Nashville; Charleston, S.C.; Delta’s Detroit Hub; Dallas/Ft. Worth; Indianapolis; Norfolk, Va. and Seattle
- New year-round service to Burlington, Vt. (as of March) and Portland, Maine (as of Sept.)
- New international service to Lagos, Nigeria three times weekly that began in April
- New seasonal service to the Azores (Ponta Delgada)
- Expanded year-round service to Lisbon, Portugal from previous seasonal service
- Return of popular seasonal service to Glasgow and Edinburgh, U.K. as well as Berlin, Germany
- New nonstop Caribbean service this December to Kingston, Jamaica and Port-au-Prince, Haiti
Additional changes at Delta’s New York-LaGuardia Airport hub:
- New daily service beginning July 9 to Chattanooga, Tenn.
- Additional frequencies this summer and fall to Des Moines; Grand Rapids, Mich; Greensboro, N.C.; Greenville/Spartanburg, S.C.; Memphis, Tenn.; Madison, Wis.; Omaha, Neb.; Chicago O’Hare and Knoxville, Tenn.