NEW YORK — Luxury retailer Saks Fifth Avenue has opened a new, 32,000-square-foot beauty space on the second floor of its New York Flagship store on Fifth Avenue which features more than 120 color cosmetics, skincare, fragrance and wellness brands — 58 of which are new to the floor.
With a significant focus on experiences, the floor is approximately 40-percent larger and now includes 15 new spa rooms along with services such as medi-spa treatments, facials, massages, manicures, brow services, a flower shop and more. By moving the Beauty department to the second floor, Saks is evolving the way customers shop and experience beauty.
“As part of Saks’ overall growth strategy, we continue to look for ways to innovate, create and disrupt. The bold decision to move Beauty to the second floor, from the traditional main floor model, allowed us to build a one-of-a-kind destination enabling Saks to create the epitome of an experiential beauty floor,” said Marc Metrick, president, Saks Fifth Avenue. “We continue to apply the principles of what we call The New Luxury to everything we do. What we’ve done with Beauty gives the customer a warmer environment, differentiated from what they can get anywhere else and creates a reason to come to Saks and experience our brand.”
“What makes this new beauty concept special is the exclusive services and unparalleled offering of brands we are providing to our clients. We curated the floor to represent the best innovations in beauty and wellness in a truly specialized space,” said Tracy Margolies, Chief Merchant, Saks Fifth Avenue. “By offering beauty and wellness workshops and panels, Saks is taking a holistic approach to make our clients feel great both inside and out.”
The new beauty floor is the latest step in the New York flagship’s Grand Renovation. Saks redefined the department store concept with the revolutionary migration of Beauty from the main floor to the second floor. The Saks Store Planning and Design team, in collaboration with Gensler, spearheaded the design focusing on opening up the space, creating broad sightlines across the floor and modernizing traditional finishes that complement the brand’s heritage. The team used custom agglomerate white stone flooring from Italy throughout and restored original windows facing Fifth Avenue, 49th Street, and 50th Street, allowing natural light to the floor and north and south facing views of the city.
TREATMENTS AND EXPERIENCES
Saks curated exciting treatments and luxury experiences for customers with services including:
- FaceGym, the original non-invasive facial workout, exclusive to Saks and the first shop in the United States.
- Dedicated spa rooms for CHANEL, Clé de Peau Beauté, Dior, Kiehl’s Since 1851, La Mer, La Prairie, Martine de Richeville, SKINNEY MedSpa and Sisley Paris.
- Brow and lash styling by Blink Brow Bar London, CoolSculpting and laser hair removal by SKINNEY MedSpa and manicures and meditation by sundays.
- Martine de Richeville‘s signature slimming, deep-tissue massage, Rémodelage, —a Saks exclusive and brand-first space in the United States.
- Hand-tied floral arrangements by EB Florals, revolving around the composition of the fragrances and their seasonal availability.
Anchor shops Aesop, CHANEL, Christian Louboutin Beauté, Dior, Giorgio Armani, Givenchy, Gucci, Kiehl’s Since 1851,La Mer, La Prairie, Sisley Paris, and Tom Ford, brought new concepts to Saks featuring the latest in technology or exclusive designs. Highlights include:
- First of its kind CHANEL spa room modeled after the CHANEL au Ritz Hotel Spa in Paris.
- Dior spa room modeled after the Dior Institut at the Plaza Athenée in Paris.
- Ex Nihilo Osmologue for demi bespoke fragrances.
- Gucci’s first new beauty concept store in the United States.
- A Guerlain Parfumeur boutique offering 110 iconic creations where visitors can choose their own scent through a digital consultation and personalize their own bottle.
Nearly all makeup and skincare brands at Saks provide a selection of complimentary services, known as “Beautiful Discoveries” including mini facials, eye treatments, hand massages, makeup and skincare coaching, and more. The floor will offer exclusive fragrances from Bond No. 9, By Kilian, Clive Christian, EB Florals, Ex Nihilo, Hermès, Roja Dove and more as well as feature an Apothecary concept including a 160-square-foot curated boutique of niche beauty products and expert favorites from 30 brands. Saks Fifth Avenue will launch new and exclusives brands including Orveda‘s gender-neutral range with 18 highly innovative and unique products as well as Floraïku, luxury fragrance inspired byJapan, and Valmont skincare and fragrance.