Bed Bath & Beyond reopened its flagship store in New York City last month, after undergoing a complete transformation since last December to modernize the in-store shopping experience and help customers on their journey to “home, happier.” The renovated 92,000 square-foot flagship store, located at 620 6th Avenue in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, is an expression of the new Bed Bath & Beyond and its focus on bed, bath, kitchen & dining, indoor décor, and organization products for the home.
With open sightlines and improved layout, in-store digital shopping tools through the Bed Bath & Beyond mobile app, the flagship renovation is part of a $250 million three-year project to remodel 450 of Bed Bath & Beyond stores nationwide.
“We set out a bold strategic plan last October to become a digital first, omni-always retailer,” said Mark Tritton, President and CEO of Bed Bath & Beyond. “A key component of our plan is modernizing our stores to significantly elevate in-store shopping experiences while optimizing their role in our digital-first, omni-always approach to help customers unlock the magic in every room of their homes. Our Chelsea flagship has served local community for decades. We’re proud to invest here and add to New York City’s ‘return to normal’ to serve residents and visitors alike.”
The flagship, as well as other store locations, have been redesigned to better connect with Bed Bath & Beyond customers. Gone are a dizzying disarray of merchandise stacked high that provided shoppers with ‘shopping paralysis’, and replaced with lower sightlines, wider aisles and neatly arranged products that inspire customers with a residential experience to help them shop. The flagship itself takes advantage of floor-to-ceiling windows that let natural light pour in, while the bath section features high-quality tiled flooring, adding to the ‘at-home’ feeling for customers.
The flagship provides New Yorkers and visitors with the most authoritative collection of product assortment for every room of the home, as well as a leading collection of health & beauty products. The store’s “one stop shopping” also inspires customers to envision and create rooms that feel authentic to their unique, personal style.
Bed Bath & Beyond has partnered with several leading brands to create unique experiences at its flagship location, including:
- Casper: The flagship store features mattress company Casper’s first shop-in shop, creating an immersive in-store shopping experience of its sleep offerings for Bed Bath & Beyond customers
- SodaStream: Bed Bath & Beyond is proud to bring the SodaStream Bubble Bar to the flagship, which offers customers a fun and engaging opportunity to purchase and personalize SodaStream bottles. On-site mixologists provide customers with drink ideas and lessons, while demonstrating how to use the machine. The flagship is a destination for SodaStream customers, as it is the most visited place in the U.S. to exchange the brand’s Co2 cylinders.
- More than 20 merchandising experiences that will bring to life the Company’s Owned Brands and national brands, such as Dyson and Google nest products
- Experiential in-store trials that will allow customers to try before they buy, including the only interactive vacuum display in New York City
- Café 3B, a modern barista serving La Colombe coffee that adds to the flagship’s relaxing shopping environment